Decision support in critical situations comprising complex technical, environmental and social systems is a difficult interdisciplinary research area which is based on data-driven technologies, high-performance simulation and visualization facilities. The computational concept of urgent computing is considering as computational services (or resources) as data services work jointly in distributed environment for the help decision maker to make an optimal behavior scenario in time limitations.
The main topics of the workshop are:
• Methods and the principles of urgent computing
• Urgent computing platforms and infrastructures
• Simulation-based decision support for complex systems
• Interactive visualization for decision support in emergency situations
• Domain-area applications to emergency situations, including natural disasters, transportation problems, epidemics, criminal acts, financial crisis etc.
We invite you to submit manuscripts reporting original, unpublished research and recent developments or innovative practical application in the area of urgent computing technologies and decision support systems for critical situations.
At least one author of an accepted paper should register at the conference site and present the paper at the workshop.
Procedia Computer Science
All accepted papers will be printed in the conference proceedings published by Elsevier Science in the open-access Procedia Computer Science series.
the Journal of Computational Science
After the conference, selected papers will be invited for a special issue of the Journal of Computational Science.
Jan 31, 2014
Workshop paper submission
Feb 24, 2014
Notification of acceptance of papers
Mar 15, 2014
Camera ready papers
Feb 24 - Mar 15, 2014
Feb 24 - Apr 25, 2014
Participant early registration
Jun 10 - 12, 2014
• A.V. Boukhanovsky, ITMO Unversity, St. Petersburg, Russia
• M. Bubak, University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland
• Bilyatdinova Anna
• Kalyuzhnaya Anna
• Ivanov Sergey